I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.
Then the LORD answered me and said:
“Write the vision and make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.”
Habakkuk 2:1-3, The Bible - NKJV
Bible Commentary on the above verses:
Five Keys to Hearing God’s Voice,
PROPHETIC DREAMS AND VISIONS.
Hearing the voice of God is the birth-right of the born-again (see John 10:27, 28; Acts 2:17, 18; Revelation 3:20).
Like Habakkuk, we can take a posture before God that enables us to hear His voice.
1) Meet with the Lord regularly in a special place of prayer: “I will stand my watch.”
2) Look for God to speak to you in dreams and visions: I will “watch to see.”
3) Listen for the word of the Lord: “He will say to me.”
4) Keep a journal of things that God says: “Write the vision.”
5) Wait for God to bring it to pass: “It will surely come.”
(Hosea 12:10/Matthew 2:12) J.W.R.
New Spirit Filled Life Bible - NKJV